There is no better gift to give or receive than custom artwork that captures a piece of your life. Rachel Dory is known for creating paintings that speaks of the feeling of a place, and is often asked to produce custom paintings of subjects or locations that are special to a client.
Rachel loves producing this sort of work and is happy to take on custom painting requests and commissions on an individual contract basis. To contact her about your idea for a commissioned painting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry.
Typical time from start to finish after composition approval varies from one week to several months, depending on the size and complexity of the piece. The delivery date will be determined early in the process so you can plan on when you will receiving your painting. If you have a specific date you’d like to have a painting for (holiday, anniversary, etc) Rachel will be happy to work with you to have your painting delivered in time.
Materials and Sizing
Paintings are produced with professional grade acrylic paint and mediums on archival gallery quality canvas or cradled wood panel. Framing is up to the client. Custom stretched canvas sizes are available to suit your location. If there is a specific location you would like to hang your painting, it helps to submit photographs and measurements of the location so Rachel can provide mockups before painting.
(1) Client sends request and intent to commission along with any applicable images
(2) Budget and delivery dates are discussed and agreed upon, 50% deposit to begin work
(3) Rachel works directly with client on composition concepts, location mockups and sketches. Digital images are delivered via email until client is happy with composition.
(4) Upon composition approval, painting begins.
(5) Upon painting completion, image of the comissioned painting is sent to client, remainder of fee is received and painting is shipped.
Payment Terms and Delivery
Credit card payments are happily accepted. Cash and checks are also accepted.
Standard Commission Terms: 50% of agreed price deposit to begin work, remaining 50% upon work completion prior to delivery.
Customized payment plans for commissions are negotiated on an individual basis.
Paintings are securely shipped with insurance (shipping charges may apply) worldwide, or delivered in person locally in the Austin, Texas area.
Pricing varies depending on the individual project.
Request a Commission
Please email email@example.com with your questions or to request a painting or drawing commission.